Burglaries occur at all times of the day and night, many of which are entry via a rear door or insecure or open windows. Follow our 10 steps to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime.
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked securely
- If possible, ensure all windows are closed if you are not in the room. If you do leave a window open be particularly mindful of low level windows or those above porches.
- Leave a light on in the evenings if you are not home.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Property mark valuable items.
- Dispose of packaging and boxes carefully. Do not advertise your good fortune to criminals.
- Ensure ladders and tools are not left lying around and ensure all outbuildings are secure.
- Be Vigilant and keep an eye on your neighbour’s property, call in anything suspicious seen.
- If you are going on holiday, please ensure milk, newspaper deliveries are cancelled.
- Consider using timer switches to turn on lights, radio etc. If possible get a trustworthy friend or neighbour to check the property, collect the post and open and close the curtains.
- Try to give the impression someone is at home.
Effective Crime Prevention is all about awareness, so if you would like any further advice please contact SOS Locksmiths Southend on 07757282914 for a free no obligation security survey.