Top tips to secure your property at night. Before you go to bed, make sure you carry our some simple steps to make your home and valuables more secure whilst you sleep.
- Are your cars on the drive? Are the windows shut and the doors locked? Remove all valuables from sight.
- Is the side gate shut and locked, sheds and garages secure?
- Are all your doors closed and locked? Don’t forget that for a uPVC multi-locking doors you may have to lift the handle, but until you turn the key on the inside, you have not locked all the locks in place.
- If you have a burglar alarm, it acts a deterrent. When you go to bed at night you can activate the zones that are unoccupied.
- Don’t forget to check the patio door, someone may have closed it but did they lock it?
- Ensure all windows are closed and locked, especially if you live in a bungalow or have flat roofs in unoccupied rooms. If you need a window open for ventilation, consider lockable window restrictors.
- Think about replacing your front door with one that doesn’t have a letter box. A burglar can look through your letterbox and use a rod or similar to steal your keys as they hang in the hallway.
- Fit CCTV to your home. Current systems are not expensive and will act as a deterrent, you can connect via an app or TV in your home.
- Get a dog. Dogs are a great way to ward off intruders.
Effective Crime Prevention is all about awareness, so if you would like any further advice please contact SOS Locksmiths Southend on 07757282914 for a free no obligation security survey.